A Space isn’t just a link to a meeting — it’s much more!
- You intentionally build Spaces that reflect your meeting context. Your Space is home to backgrounds, collaborative materials, tools, and more.
- You facilitate sessions in a Space. Participants join your sessions by visiting your Space link, and the link never changes.
- After-event resources are available for your Space, such as session recordings and transcripts.
What types of Spaces should you create?
Every Space has its own purpose, so you could create a Space for each type of session you run (rather than trying to reset a single Space every time). Or, you can create a single Space and use it as your home base for every session you run, customizing it every time. InSpace works great with both methods of planning.
There are no limits to the number of Spaces you can create!
Spaces can be standalone Single Spaces, or they can be part of an Experience Hub, which can connect up to 12 different Spaces.
To invite someone to a session, you just need to send them the link! They don’t need to be invited as a co-host. They will be prompted to create a free InSpace account prior to joining your session. Send them the Participant's Guide for extra support.
Starting a session
When you’re ready to launch a session, you can:
- click Join Space from the room card in your dashboard
- open your session’s link or URL in your browser
Note: only session owners and co-hosts can start sessions.
Set up your Space
The 'Set up space' button allows you to change the InSpace session set up, or configuration.
- The choices are Main Room, which can have proximity audio enabled or disabled to allow for natural conversations and small groups. Participants can move through this space freely and engage in multiple conversations without interrupting each other.
- The Discussion Room is great for smaller groups and includes one large breakout room with an outer hallway area.
- The Presentation Room seats all participants around a presenter's screen shared by anyone in the session and also includes a hallway. Participants aren't pinned to their seats and can move to the front of the room when it's their turn to present.
- Finally, Breakout Rooms are audio-isolated rooms for collaboration. They're available in multiple configurations and also include a hallway for quick side conversations. When opening breakout rooms, you'll also have the option to automatically assign attendees to a room.
It's important to note that anywhere within the InSpace platform, if you're in a room with someone, everyone can hear each other. Additionally, any user can always share their screen inside of a room to just a few participants or outside the room with the whole space.
With just a few clicks, you can transform your set up while maintaining visual connection to your whole session. As educators, we understand that the setup of the classroom can significantly impact student learning outcomes. InSpace offers a unique solution to this challenge with multiple room options that can be customized to meet your instructional goals and the needs of your students. From the Main Room with proximity audio to the Discussion Room for smaller groups, the Presentation Room for interactive presentations, and Breakout Rooms for collaborative work, you have the flexibility to create the ideal learning environment. With just a few clicks, you can switch between configurations to meet the changing needs of your lesson.
Want to learn more about facilitating engaging, memorable sessions where learning is made visible and everyone contributes meaningfully? Join our 30-minute training sessions on Building a Better Breakout (held monthly on second Wednesdays at 3 pm ET) to learn more!
Want to become a context-driven expert?
- Sign up for our drop-in training sessions (held monthly on First Wednesdays at 3 pm Eastern, just 30 minutes long!).
- Check out our templates for Back Pocket Backgrounds that you can customize for your own sessions. Back Pocket Backgrounds are backgrounds you can pull out of your back pocket at any time to add movement and collaborative moments to your sessions.
- Craving more customization? Try our Custom Backgrounds Starter Kit for more ideas!